April 14, 2015

How To Look Cute While Pregnant


Why is it so hard to find cute, comfortable and trendy maternity clothes?! I'm sure there are plenty of pregnant women out there. Having clothes that fit well, flatter and aren't going to break the bank are almost impossible to find when carrying the little miracle. I don't know if people assume you are going to lose all sense of feminine identity and become a sweat pant-wearing shapeless shell of a woman, but I am not. 
Almost all the maternity clothes out there lack sense of fashion and if it's something I like, it costs way more than I'm willing to pay! I've been remixing and wearing my non-maternity pieces as much as I can, while choosing the right kinds of material and styles. Here are some of my tips for showing off that bump in style because girl, you are carrying the greatest miracle inside you. Don't hide it! Be happy and proud of your body for doing the most incredible job in the world.


Wear Solid Colors


I know, I'm wearing a patterned dress in top picture but solids flatter every body type. Especially when choosing bottoms, go with dark (black, navy, brown) pants that stretch. The darker colors will visually slim you down and hide all imperfections. If you are one of the few that doesn't gain an ounce in the butt while pregnant, go ahead and wear your white skinnies. I am not one of them.



Invest in Well-Fitting Maternity Clothes


It seems like such a huge upfront cost paying for good quality maternity clothes but if you consider cost per wear, it goes down to pennies. Try stuff on before buying it and make sure it fits you the best way possible. Don't buy cheap, ill-fitting clothes that you will wear once, but instead invest in things you will wear all the time. You feel beautiful every time you get dressed. Maternity jeans are a must as they will grow with you, can be worn pretty much with everything and make you feel good about yourself.



Accentuate Your Waist


You can wear pretty much any top or dress with a little belt over your belly to accentuate what's left of your waist. Even an oversized cardigan, loose tops and maxi dresses can look flattering with this simple trick. You can also tie a blouse over the top of the belly, to remix your clothes even more. Place the belt or the knot right on top of the bump - it will give your figure instant definition. 



Wear the Right Kind of Undergarments


Nothing makes a woman feel and look worse than undergarments that are ill fitting (hello wedgie). Wear a correct cup size bra so you don't experience any lumps under the arms or mid section. Also, if you're gaining weight in your bottom area, please purchase bigger underwear and avoid pantie lines. Wear a shaper when you have a tight, or silky dress on - nothing ruins a great item of clothing more than undergarments. 







This ad caught my eye on Pinterest and I just can't help but notice how much the times have changed. Sure we don't have to wear corsets and sit with both feet on the floor, but we also don't have to become completely shapeless slobs who don't take care of themselves for nine months. Only because you are pregnant doesn't mean all rules of style, hygiene and grace go out of the window. You are still a woman, so carry that bump with elegance and poise. 



22 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Sure thing girl! thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Oh Anna! I wish there were facts and 'figures' like this back in the 80's when I was toting a load of baby in my belly. You look fabulous, my friend!

    ♥renae
    renae's repertoire
    renaesrepertoire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these tips. Saving this for the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire, thanks girl! Glad you agree

      Delete
  4. Awesome tips- sending 'em to a friend who's getting ready to hit her second trimester! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips Anna, I have been on the hunting for stylish maternity clothing and like you, have hit the wall numerous times because the good ones are always so freaking expensive that I cannot justify to myself ever buying them! Ugh, I am still making do with my existing wardrobe and I refuse to go into sweatpants and giant pullovers...nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad for you! It's hard to find nice and pretty clothes but wearing something cute is so worth it because it makes you feel much better also. Hope you have better luck in the future!

      Delete
  6. Looking fabulous, as always! I really love your pregnancy style!
    Sending you much love!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanessa! Glad you came by

      Delete
  7. These are some great tips that I will be sure to keep in mind for the future!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline, glad you stopped by!!

      Delete
  8. I have to say, I really admire your style and how you dress for your pregnant body - you always look so polished and chic! I don't plan on being pregnant for a long time haha but these are great tips to keep in mind!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, thank you so much for you comments! I really appreciate the compliments...

      Delete
  9. Anonymous14.4.15

    Great post I love the tips!

    www.tailoredandtrue.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mission accomplished! :D You look amazing on each and one of these pictures. I need to remember these tips for when I'll be needing them ^^

    x Aurélie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have looked wonderful through this pregnancy, Anna. I definitely agree about the dark or black pants and proper undergarments, Great tips. =))

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look very pretty! Nice tips! ;-)

    x Josephin | Tensia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment - I appreciate your support!

BLOG DESIGN BY BELLA LULU INK